Reunification Palace (often known as Independence Palace) is the well-known historic witness which handed by the 2 fierce wars towards the French and American colonists. The palace was constructed on the positioning of the previous Norodom Palace, a landmark in Ho Chi Minh City and designed by architect Ngo Viet Thu.
The Reunification Palace is likely one of the holy triumvirate of points of interest in Ho Chi Minh City's downtown District 1. Identical to the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Post Office, it sits as a time capsule of the town's turbulent previous. The Reunification Palace was the positioning of dramatic end to the Vietnam Battle as tanks crashed by way of the principle stage and the victor's flag held on the balcony on the morning of 30 April 1975.
When first accomplished in 1873, the advanced lined 12 hectares with spacious gardens and a palace with an 800 metre-wide facade and an 800-person visitor chamber. From 1873 to 1954, it was generally known as Norodom Palace, after the Cambodian king, and served because the residence of the Governors Normal of French Indochina all through this time. Solely in the course of the occupation of Vietnam by the Japanese throughout World War II was this chain of governance damaged. After the Geneva Accords in 1955, the palace was handed to Ngo Dinh Diem, the primary prime minister of the State of Vietnam. The left wing of the palace was destroyed in 1962 after a bombing by two South Vietnamese pilots that mutinied. The stays of the palace have been demolished.
So, Ngo Dinh Diem ordered the rebuilding of the Palace primarily based on a design by the celerated architect Ngo Viet Thu, the primary Vietnamese who received the Roman Champion. The development was begun in July 1962 and accomplished in Octorber 1966. Independence Palace served as central command for the South Vietnamese effort towards communist forces till April 21, 1975 when General Thieu wa evacuated as a part of Operation Frequent Wind - the most important helicopter evacuation in historical past. On Aphe celenrated architect, Ngo Viet Thu, the primary Vietnamese who received the Roman Champion. On April 30, 1975 North Vietnamese forces captured the palace and later renamed it Reunification Palace.
This space of 12 hectares, a floor space is about 2,000 sq. meters. The constructing has an space of four.500 sqaure meters, together with one floor flooring, three primary flooring, 2 mezzanines, 1 terrace can be utilized for touchdown place of helicopters over 100 rooms, four,000 lights, 400 inside phone strains, 1 everlasting basement, 1 backup Raio, 1 commanding rooms, and many others.
These days, the Independence Palace is a well-liked Historical Relic in Ho Chi Minh City and visited by many international and home vacationers. This place has additionally used for the Governments's meeting and receptions.